Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yesterday was not a good day. Started out w/ me having to miss church because of a mishap, but I was able to later make it to Lifegroup later that night. In Lifegroup, we talked about asking God SPECIFICALLY for things we wanted. And pretty much everyone said that they had asked for things and they got them, maybe not in the timeframe they wanted but they did. Or that they asked but maybe were not confident enough that God would maake it all okay. So here I go openeing my mouth. I said that its not that I haven't asked and that He hasn't answered, but the thing I struggle with is that He HAS answered and I don't like nor want to do what He said. Is that crazy or what? But see, my answer meant that I have to give up friends and things that are not on the same wavelength so to speak as I am. Thats hard, eally hard since I have had those friends and things in my life a long time and I mean they really couldn't be that bed right? I found out really quickly when I got home.

" Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be open" Matthew 7:7

Once I got home and the car didn't start, I called my church buddy to come over and she did but I also called someone else to come and check on the car. This would be one of those people that need to go away and it was really obvious that God was trying to tell me something.. even my church buddy told me so.. she saw it too. Not one of the easiest things I have to do, but I definately got my confrmation once again last night and I think I better not ignore it this time.

I think we (me) have to know that if we really ask, He is going to answer. it may not be in our time and it definately may not be what we want to hear but we have to kow that He knows WAY more than we do and knows us better than we know ourselves. We need to get rid of all the selfishness and pride we have inside and put all that trust in Him. I would only imagine that if He wants something out of our lives, it's probably not good for us which means He definatly has something better!!

Have a wonderful Monday ladies!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=751MJ36jVkY ( I love this song!! Its my new favorite from .. I listen to it everyday!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment