Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh no, you never let go.....

Psalms 23 - The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He guides me through paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


This past summer, our church had VBS. And our goal is have tons of kids and this year was no different. The songs we sing are not like the songs I use to sing, but I love them. The Kids LOVE them and this year there was a song that they could not get enough of...

" Oh no you never let go, through the calm and through the storm. Oh no you never let go, every high and every low.. Oh no you never let go, Oh you never let go of me"...

As I type it I get chills. I can't tell you there is NOTHING better than seeing 100 kids of all ages screaming at the top of their lungs this song.. and begging to sing it over and over! They didn't need the music nor the words because after a few times they knew it. Even after VBS, my own kids would walk around the house singing it. To be like these kids.. I wish I had the total faith that the kids seem to have in all my situations. They have no fear because they know that we as parents are going to take care of us and they also know that God will too... that's what we need. That's what I need... I pray that we all know that God is never going to let go of us. No matter how much we run, how much we try to hide from Him... He's going to be right there waiting with His arms stretched out to wrap around us.

I attached the Youtube video of this song... Listen to the words and imagine like I do every time I hear it those kids screaming and MEANING this song....

Be blessed and have a great day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAdgLR1ZGw

No comments:

Post a Comment