Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm thankful for:

Tuesday, August 5, 1997.

I am thankful for:

Seeing another day
Good health
Food, shelter, and clothing
A good husband
Spending time w/ Brianna
Tuesday Bible class - " How to study the Bible"
Solitude for two
No problems


That's what my mom wrote in her journal exactly one year before she died. She had a few journals. My brother took most of them but I did manage to hide one for myself. I like reading her journals. She was one of the reason I started writing in my own. The thing that really sticks out to me about her journal is that on the very first line of EVERY day, it says "seeing another day" She was thanking God for giving her another day.

That's how we should be, excited that we are seeing another day. the best day of our lives. And I say this knowing that I am not a morning person, ask anyone I work with. I have to have like 2 to 3 cups of coffee before I feel like I can function. But I should be thanking God as soon as I wake up for giving me the best day of my life. Nothing should pass us by today, we should noticed everything. The sun rise (if you're up), the wind blowing, the birds singing, kids laughing, cooking dinner for our families, everything. Give God all the praise. And when you say your prayers at night, thank Him for it all and if you wake up, thank Him for the best day of your life.. again.

Have a blessed Monday morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment