Thursday, February 5, 2009

I can't sleep

At 2:00 AM Sanford and Son comes on, 3:00AM The Jeffersons, 4:00AM Good Times. All on TVLand. I know this because I have been getting up for some reason at these times every night since I finished school. It's like since I have this time on my hands now, I go to bed early and also seem to wake up at 2 every morning... I must have some kind of internal clock going on. It's actually a pain when I have to get the kids up at 6 for school.

Psalms 119:148 - "My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises."

The psalmist in this verse seems to not be able, like me to sleep at night, but he handles it a little different. Instead of TVLand, he meditates on God and the promises He makes to us. When our minds are wondering about what happened today, what could have happened today or even what will happen tomorrow, we should be concentrating on resting so that God's grace and mercy will help us face a new day. So maybe instead of going to bed knowing that I will be up sooner than later, I (we) should take God's word and read about His promises to us, pray and then fall asleep with God's promises on your mind and heart.

I hope you all have a great day!!! Lord willing, until tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment