Thursday, February 5, 2009

I have been very blessed in life to have jobs that I have loved. I worked at Dairy Queen, Wal-Mart, Books-A-Million, a credit union, a bank and now for an Architect. Each one for me was a stepping stone. I have also been what I would call lucky too because as I moved up in each of these companies, I had no clue how to do anything that they did. I went from working customer service at Wal-Mart to being a store manager at the bookstore to working in banking.There were a bunch of times where I wasn't sure if I would make it, but I tried to do my best and learn as much as I could and it has seemed to work out.

Colossians 3:23-24 - "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

Sometimes when we are trying to figure out just what it is God wants us to do, we tend to think really big. We look at people who are able to be missionaries, people who have a calling to preach, or anything that we think is "big" and think that our contributions will not matter. I think God has a plan for each of us and it may not win a big prize or even get you any recognition, but it is a roll that God planned for you so you should do it to the best of your ability. I am happy that the minister at my church is there and I appreciate him for all he does, but you know what.. I appreciate the person who comes and cleans our building and does our yard work just as much!

Our work's true value is found not in rewards but in our faithfulness to God.

Have a blessed day .. Lord willing, we will talk again tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment