Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Its my obligation

I cried when I watched the Democratic National Convention. Literally cried. For the first time in US history, like him or not, we have our first African American person running for the highest office in the land.. President of the United States of America. I don't know that (well I know that not everyone) understands that feeling, but it was the proudest I have been in a long time. So I made it a point of finding out all kinds of information on this man. Internet, magazines, books, you name it, I was looking for is (as many other were). Lets see... he was born August 4, 1961; he's bi-racial; raised in Hawaii; father left his family when he was young; he went to Harvard and he's a lawyer; his middle name is Hussein but he's no relation to Saddam; married to Michelle and has two daughters; he's a member of the United Church of Christ and just because his mom gave him a strange name does not make him Muslim. I can't wait until November because win or lose, this election is going to be really interesting.

Yep, I spent alot of time finding out information on him, making sure he was the one I was going to or not going to vote for. I have even had some "discussion" w/ co-workers and friends defending him, some of them even got a little heated for lack of a better term. I was doing my best to defend him, make sure that no one drags his name through the mud.

Then I started thinking the other day driving to work (since I had JUST had an early morning conversation about him) .. Man, wonder if people have knock out, drag out about God? I mean I'll be honest, I am not on the internet finding out new things about God everyday, guess I figure I know it all. And lets face it, there is the separation of church and state thing so I sure don't want to step on any toes. So I choose to only mention God IF someone asks me or says something, wouldn't want anyone tho think I was a Jesus freak but I can spread the news about Obama every second of the day if it means getting votes. Something seems really wrong about that. Hmmm....

I Corinthians 9: 16 - For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast about, for this obligation has been entrusted to me. How terrible it would be for me if I didn't preach the gospel!"

Got that answer huh.... it is my OBLIGATION to preach the gospel.. obligation. There are so many people who still don't know Jesus, don't know that he died for them, who don't know that He's waiting on them in heaven. It's up to us to tell them. There should be no hesitation, no embarrassment about it. It should be a proud moment when we talk about our heavenly Father and His Son.

I pray that today we find at least one person that we can talk to about God. Until tomorrow.. love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment