Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Last Chapter -- I Signed up to Make a Difference

We all want out lives to mean something, we want to be remembered but sometimes the problem is that we measure that "something" by our earthly wealth... the money, the cars, the schools, our families .. we want everyone to be able to SEE what we have, but that's not what its about. Its about being faithful... faithful to God, giving Him the glory, doing what we know is right even if no one every knows what we have done. And being faithful does not mean that you always get it right. I have heard so many people say " I have done so much, if I walk in the church building, the walls would fall down".. well guess what.. if that was true... NO ONE would be in the building!! And it would be as flat as a pancake! No one is perfect and even people who don;t write great books and get to be on TV can make a difference.

"Do you know what happens when God takes your mess and adds a little age to it??

"Mess + age = Message"

Everyone has a message to tell and use to encourage others. Whether is about God's blessings or God's mercy, we all need to know, the world needs to know!

Philippians 2:14-16 - " Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you holdout the word of life."

See, we don't need to be complaining about the mess we are in, we need to choose to move on and not get stuck in one spot so that you can help others!

I am definitely not a minister, and I sure don;t get it all right. My relationships have not always been great and my family is less than perfect, but I do know that maybe some of the things I have been through can help and encourage others. That's my goal, and not only does it help others, it helps me too. See I know now that God has a purpose for everything and although I may not understand it all, I know He has my best interest at heart and God's gonna get me through! That's what I hold on to.

I really like what she said at the end of the chapter and I will leave you today with that:

"Jesus said, " If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me". If we want to make a difference, we will share our lives in a way that Jesus is lifted up. The punchline to every testimony must be " But God!"

I was in pain, but God...
I made some foolish choices, but God.....
I couldn't find me way, but God....

See, it's never about us. It's about God. Remember that,and you are half-way healed."

I hope you all have a GREAT day!! I love you all and Lord willing, we will talk again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment