Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Making it out of the pit

If you have never read 'Get Out of That Pit' by Beth Moore, well let me just tell you that you are missing out big time. I heard her speak last year at a Women of Faith Convention and I have loved her every since. In that book, she made a statement that has changed the way I have thought about my life for a very long time.

".... if God allowed you to be thrown into a pit, you weren't picked on; you were picked out. God entrusted that suffering to you because He has faith in you. Live up to it,. All the way up."

At first, I was kinda like, well what does she know? I mean she is writing this book to make money, get people to buy tickets, etc. But I went to bed and it stuck in my head, it really did. See, for a long time I just kinda felt like I was being picked on and I wasn't really sure why. It made sense to me to be angry, hurt and confused. People were always telling me "God is not going to put more on you than you can handle" .. my response to them was ... ... Well I wasn't sure I agreed with that at the time, but 10 years later I know He wasn't doing it to hurt me, it was about learning, making me strong enough to deal with whatever was being put in front of me but not so strong that I don't know or remember who I needed to call when the problems arose.

If you know me, you know I like to sing. Not great at it, but I sure do like it.. makes me feel better. So some years ago, I heard this song, I was actually getting my hair done one day and they were playing it in the salon. When I heard it, I KNEW it was for me, sung to me about me. Well, not really.. but it felt like it anyway. So I have this CD now and I sing this song at LEAST once a week if not more (mostly more).

"I just can't give up now. Come to far from where I started from. Nobody told me, the road would be easy, and I don't believe He's brought me this far to leave me"


Have a wonderful Monday, Lord willing and the creek don't rise (as my daddy use to say) we'll talk again tomorrow!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmQBshQ11uo

No comments:

Post a Comment