Thursday, February 5, 2009

Brianna had a test to take yesterday and the only reason I knew about the test was that I was at the school Friday and her teacher "reminded" her while I was there. They all pretty much know how I am when it comes to her grades so she wanted to make sure I knew, because the test was not going to be an easy one. All that weekend, I kept telling Brianna and making her study. She whined, moaned, and complained about how hard the test was going to be and how she knew she wouldn't pass it.. blah blah blah.... I basically told her "SO" study anyway. We went through that Friday, Saturday and Sunday. She was mad at me but I told her, this is middle school, the tests are not going to get any easier next year as you start high school so you might as well suck it up and do it.

In Acts14: 21-26, Paul and Barnabas were in Antioch, Lystra and Iconium teaching and preaching the disciples trying to encourage them and make sure they keep the faith. In verse 22, they said "we must go through hardships to enter the kingdom of heaven". Now I don't think that taking a middle school test is a hardship, but it just reminds me that everything we do, we have to work hard for, including getting into the kingdom of heaven. There are times when it seems our faith is being tested more, things are way more intense. But in these intense times, I think that we are coming to a new level, a new understanding of God. Stay focused friends, the harder the test, the greater the reward. God is using that faith to help you accomplish more in His kingdom.

By the way.. Bri made a 90 on that test!!

Have a great day all, Lord willing, we will talk tomorrow!! I love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment