Wednesday, February 4, 2009

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


The first week of school was hard for my youngest son. He cried every morning becasue he didn't want to leave me. And if you know my son, when he smiles.. his eyes light up, dimples for miles.. but when he cries.. OH MY.... I about lose it. And every morning becasue he was trying to get to me... he would say " I love you mama" with the tears going.... It took all I had to suck it up and say "I love you too but lets go". But the moment I got in the car.... it came out. I love all three of my children and there is nothing I can think of that I wouldn't do for them to keep them healthy and happy. I love them with all my heart, soul and mind.

That's how God loves us. I mean I personally don't think, as much as I would like to think I am a faithful Christian, that I could let any of my children die. He sent the only Son He had here for you and me so that one day, we all could be with Him in heaven. We were all made in God's image so I guess that means, when His child was hurting, He was too. When my children are in pain or upset, like my son when he was going to school, I was just as upset. And in knowing that God loved us THAT much, to have his Son die for us, then we need to make sure that we are doing what we need to be doing in order to get to Heaven. And as I have been a witness to in the past few months, Satan is very strong, powerful, BUT for all Satan's power, he ain't got nothing on God!!

I hope you all have a good day and remember the goal we are all striving for.... not the pay raises, the bigger house, or better car, but eternal life in heaven.

Hugs and kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment