Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Eph. 4:26-27 ~ "When you are angry, do not sin and be sure to stop being angry before the end of the day. Do not give the devil a way to defeat you."

I am totally a person who gets angry and doesn't say a word. Not one word. You know it by the look on my face I would imagine, but I when I am angry and I speak.. well it all comes out wrong. So for me, I have to have some time, maybe alot of time before I can gather my thoughts and try to resolve any issue I have. Sometimes I tend to just let it fester and after a day or so (maybe longer) when something else sets me off, it ALL comes out. Not always a good thing for the person on the other end I might add either.

My weekend had actually been wonderful, perfect almost but it started out kind of rough. But I have this boyfriend who loves to talk stuff out. I mean I am all for talking but come on. I was in a mood and I just didn't want too. His response: well I will let you have a few minutes, but then we need to figure this out. Because he is NOT gonna stop asking anyway so oh well.

Then, comes Sunday morning. Sigh. I mean I ended the weekend well but Greg, well. he's still on the Beatitudes and low and behold Sunday morning we are on " blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called Sons of God." I had already gotten basically talked to earlier in the weekend so now, I get it again. A reminder from God I guess that He still had His eye on me. and more life lessons: being at peace with one another does not always mean we have to agree. It does mean though, that we lay aside our issues and concentrate on the greater good. Peace comes when we don't have to prove our point and make the other person feel bad. Peace is what is found on the inside, what makes you you. I have a friend, Paige, and she is what I would say peace looks like. As a matter of fact, her nickname is Peacegirl. Its all over her MySpace page, her FB page and her house. I imagine not everything in her life is perfect or even the way she wants it, but her mindset and her way of life is so Godlike, that Jesus really shows in and through her. That's what I want.

So when the anger comes up, we need to ask ourselves, why are we really angry, is it important and will it even matter later on?? I got alot of nudging from Tony at church on Sunday morning during Greg's lesson (alright already, I get the point!!) Satan is the king of bitterness and he loves us being discontent and unsure so in order for us to defeat him, and not let anger open pathways for other sins, we need to learn to deal with anger and stop it before it sets in.

I pray you all had a safe Memorial Day weekend and remember the real reason we celebrate it ( i.e.-- its not for the cookouts!!) And please say a special prayer for my church's Tween group. The have gone to Atlanta to Six Flags and a baseball game and my middle one is with them. This is his first overnight trip without me and I promise my stomach is still in knots! HE on the other hand, gave me the peace sign as they drove off w/ a big grin on his face. Kids......

Love you all bunches and until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment