Monday, June 14, 2010

"Love is an emotion we share in so many different relationships. The love of a spouse, love between siblings, parents and children, the destitute and society are all unique. But, even as we view each of these relationships differently, the common binding force remains 'selflessness'."

I read the above statement this weekend and it has been in my head ever since. I was super excited as this past Friday approached because I was going to see my sister, niece and nephew. I e-mailed my brother and told him she was coming and said I would take pictures and send to him. He never responded. And so started my weekend. I talked to my sister when she left Florida on her way here and she said that she would call when they got here so we could meet up and kinda hang out. I have not talked to her in over a year (we are just not that close) and I was really hoping that we could start over. She never called and I didn't talk to her or my niece and nephew any that weekend. I assume they are back in Florida now.

Then I went and looked up this verse: 1 Corinthians 13:4-13: 'Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.'

I had lots of plans in my head about how I thought things would be this past weekend, what we would do, where we would go and then BAM.. plans changed and it side tracked me. I didn't want to be reminded of how disappointed I get when they let me down or how anger I was becoming thinking about it. I talked to a few people who reminded me that no matter how my plans had been changed for the weekend, the one thing that remained the same and would never change was God's love for me and His ultimate goal for my life. My life is and in Him and no one can change that. I remembered what that my friend Peacegirl would tell me to let the peace of God come into my heart and calm me. And I also remembered that nothing is in my time, but in God's and my meeting will happen one day. So after a few tears, my honey took me to dinner and I also remembered how blessed I am. I may not have the bond (yet) between myself and my brother and sister, but I sure do love them and God has put so many wonderful, supporting people in my life that all I can do is say thank you.

I have no clue what God has planned for the rest of my life, but I have faith that He will!!

I love you all bunches and can I just say that it's not even summer yet and it's HOTTT in Georgia!! Stay cool and until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment