Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stop being bored!

Last May I joined the gym (for the umpteenth time) and started working out. I was doing good too: SPIN class every Thursday morning at 5:30, and on Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri, I worked out every morning from 5 until 6:30 or so. I felt great! As I worked out more, I began to eat a little better too (it all just doesn't happen over night contrary to popular belief) until I got to the point where is was just habit. I was losing a little weight, feeling good and my mind was clear to tackle the issues dealt to me.

Months passed and I don't know, I got bored. Boredom is a problem for me. If I get bored, it's a sure bet, I will start to do stuff I don't need to be doing and sure enough, my five days a week dwindled to 3, then 2, then none. And all the work I had put in was pretty much wasted and I was at a stand still. It wasn't until recently, like the past few weeks that I have been building back up to my 5 days a week. Trying to get back on track. I don't dream of being a size 6 ever to be honest with you, but I like the good feeling I got from just feeling good.. know what I mean?

Isn't it like that with the way we feel about Christ sometimes too? Let's be honest, when we get baptized, we are all fired up for Christ, wanting to do and be everywhere we can for Jesus and then, as time passes, we get a little burned out, a little bored and we slowly the excitement goes away. Sometimes never coming back. But we need to build our spiritual lives back up, from the beginning if we have too. Remember the things that had us on fire way back when and start fresh. Things don't have to be going bad for us to want to do better. So what your church is not out feeding people at the homeless shelter this week? YOU go out and find someone in need of food and take it to them. So what there is not a big revival going on in town? Gather some friends up and have a at home personal Bible study. No mission trips to go on? Bet you can still find someone to serve right in your own hometown.

Satan is walking around here on earth, looking for us to slip up. Looking for opportunities when our faith may be slacking a little to snatch us up. We need to be on guard, need to stop being bored and get back on track.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! "Be blessed and be a blessing".. until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment