Friday, June 18, 2010

Decisions

Once I get out of bed and start to get ready for work, I am normally standing in front of my closet, both doors open, trying to figure out what to wear. God really has blessed me with an abundance of clothing and thanks to the fun task of dieting, I have a WIDE range of sizes (lol). The once I decide what to wear, the task then become what shoes to go with it. Seems like no matter what I do and where I go, I am faced with decisions. Now picking out my clothes and shoes are really not big things, but what about those decisions that will effect everything in our lives? The answer is not always so easy.

I have told you before, my moods change like Georgia weather, one day hot, one cold. But this morning I woke up and really had alot on my mind, decisions that I just can't flip a coin and go heads or tails. Of course, I went straight to someone who was going to give it to me straight and I was not disappointed. Here is what she said in a nutshell ( I needed reminding I guess):

When Jesus needed time to think, to make important decisions, He did what we all should do. He went off alone, to gather His thoughts and pray to God for guidance. He knew that all power is through Him and that any decision that needed to be made, could only be made if God was in it.

1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

It says WHATEVER meaning every single thing we do, our focus should not be what WE want but is what we are doing bringing all the glory and honor to God? If not, well, it's wrong.. period. So taking this verse and all the stuff I tell people all the time, I shall spend some quality time with my God, asking for help, seeking His guidance and no matter what the outcome, I know that He has and always will have my best interest at heart.

I love you all bunches! Thanks for all the love and support and continue to pray for each other daily. Have a great weekend and as Pam would say " be blessed and be a blessing!!"

Lord willing, we will talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment