Thursday, June 17, 2010

I will never forget going to a Women's Conference in Florida a few years ago and hearing, of course my all time favorite female Christian speaker Beth Moore. But that weekend I also heard someone else (Priscilla Shirer) who, even in my most difficult and awful times, said something that I have on my FB page and that plays in my head on most days...." God goes beyond beyond" and she got it from this verse:

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." - Ephesians 3:20

As much as my daughter and I have disagreements on clothing, styles, tastes and friends, as much as we bump heads (probably because we are so much alike) the one thing I cannot stand is her being upset and me not being about to do anything about it. I realize that throughout her life, she is going to be disappointed and she is going to have to learn to deal with it the way God wants her to and not always like she thinks, I still want it to just be OK. A few days ago I reminded her to keep praying and that God ALWAYS has a better plan than we could ever imagine. Kinda hard for a teenager to understand, but just in case she needs backup, I got my prayers going up too! : )

Sometimes we hesitate to really ask God for what we want because in our minds, it just seems like too much. And I think too that we thin we know what we need and get disappointed when things don't happen the way we think they should. But God, in all His wisdom and power, knows us better than we know ourselves and when we put all of our trust and faith in Him, asking with the right motives God will go way beyond anything you would ever imagine.

I love you all. The mission team at my church leaves to day for a week long trip to Honduras to help build a playground for the children there. Please say a prayer for safe travels and that everything done there is for God's glory.

Until next time, Lord willing.....

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote and now it plays in my head quite often. Sometimes you have to hold on to the fact that only God can go beyond beyond. I am so glad you put it on your profile age. Love you!

    ReplyDelete