Monday, June 7, 2010

A few years ago, I lost around 60 lbs on Weight Watchers. I was pretty happy about that and kept it off for maybe a year before it all came back. It was really funny too because I remember losing and people going " WOW you look good" but when I gained it back, no one said a word. (side note..... big does not make you ugly, I still look good!!). But now, I am trying again. Not on Weight Watchers per say, but just trying to exercise and eat right and taking it day by day, some days being better than others.

This past weekend I got into a debate on Facebook. Nothing rude or ugly, but basically someone said that you can't keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect God to forgive you. Hmmmm.. now I KNOW that you cannot play with God. You can go around knowingly doing wrong crap and sayin in your head, "its alright because God will forgive me". He WILL forgive but I do believe that you have to be making serious efforts to make changes in your life.

I really think and believe that we are allowed do-overs. When we make mistakes, God is not pleased but because of His love for us and the grace we have through Jesus, He is our personal cheerleader. Cheering us on to victory in everything that we do. Past mistakes and issues should not keep us from striving to do better. There is not a one of us who is perfect.We are going to mess up daily, knowing that God is standing by our sides every step of the way should give us the courage and strength we need to keep moving forward
and working for the ultimate goal.. a home in Heaven.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. If you have nothing else going on this week, we started VBS at my church (Westwood Church , 123 Westover Blvd.) last night and it was a blast! Bring your kids, grand kids, and yourself for lots of fun!!

Until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment