Friday, May 28, 2010

Over the past year, I have been blessed beyond measure. I mean, there have been times when I have been a little down, but over all I can see so many things that God has done for me. I am going to brag just a little today... one of those blessings has been the fact that God saw fit to bring a wonderful man into my life. I have actually known him almost 20 years (we went to high school together) but because of social networking, we were brought back together. The really odd thing is that I had a big crush on him in high school, but because I was not the outgoing person I am today (HA), I never spoke to him. We have been dating over a year now and it really has been wonderful. I know this because I have been in a ton of relationships that really were bad so it's easy to tell the good stuff when you get it. As great as it has been during the past year, I think there may have been a time or two that things got a little redundant. We have gotten so use to each other that the "awwwwwwwwwwwwwww" moments just became "eh" moments. So in order to make if fresh and fun again, we would make special plans and act like it was our very first date again. Talking and laughing like we have not spoken in years.

I read a devotional a few days ago that reminded me of the very thing that he and I were kinda going through. In it, she asked the simple question: "If anyone sort of let their relationship with the Lord lapse during the past year?" Basically if the prayers have stopped, Bible study has slowed down, we haven't been helping and serving as we should be, then maybe we need some along time with God to make our relationship with him like new again. We need alone time, no interruptions, no distractions so that God and only God has the attention.

I love spending time with my boyfriend, I love it when we take the kids places, laughing and talking. But if I can spend that much time with my family, doesn't God deserve that plus a whole lot more for allowing me to have all of them?? God doesn't just want to hear from us when we have problems and are down and out, He wants us to communicate with Him daily, good times and bad. So as the devotional said... Let's all start over again and stop neglecting God.

I pray you all have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend. I love you and Lord willing, we will talk again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment