Thursday, June 3, 2010

No place like home

My son went on his very first church Tween overnight trip alone day before yesterday. Now they only went to Atlanta and came hone the next night, but for me, it was a LONG way from home. I think for him too. I thin he called me a total of 6 times, he called his dad once. I could tell he was having a ball, but he was tired too and I really think a little homesick by the end of the first night. I also think he missed his brother and sister some too since when he called his dad, he asked to speak to his little brother and didn't want to talk to his dad. When they got back last night ( I calmed down then) the person who took them told me that he did great. He had already told me earlier that his attitude was really good the whole trip (no complaining or anything) so that made me feel better. The home training had sunk in ( he even got a hug from his sister when he got back) and maybe next time I wouldn't feel so stressed when he left for the next trip. As he sat in he car and answered all the questions from his little brother (What did you ride? Did you have fun? What did you eat at Chick Fil A? Chicken sandwich and waffle fries w/ ketchup?? Did you bring me anything back?) all I could do was smile... as much fun as he said he had, I knew when he got in his bed that night he was thinking "there is no place like home".

There are so many times we all get distracted from God. Life just seems to pull us in all sorts of directions and for a while, we just get lost. We tend to forget that there really is no place like home with God. And maybe sometimes we need to feel a homesickness for God in order to bring us back to where we need to be in our lives.

Psalm 119:10 ~ "I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands."

I pray that we all find comfort in knowing that no matter how far we are from home, all we have to do is call on God to cure any homesickness we have.

Love you all bunches, be blessed and Lord willing, we will talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment