Friday, May 14, 2010

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face and really, a song playing in my head. The kids were not really moving very fast so I hurried them along so they would not be late and I came back home to get ready for work. Popped in a CD and jumped on Facebook really quick (of course!) I posted something on FB this morning that I will say again:

Thank you God for loving me even when I am not so lovable. Thank you for making things work out when I cannot figure hem out, when I think that someone else needs to be doing it or when I think my world is coming to an end. Philippians 4. Today is gonna be a good, nope, a great day!

And it really is. Now next week, I may come back crying about how things are not going my way (all you gotta do is remind me about today, really!!) but right now.. I am so blessed and thankful that the people that are in my life are here. That is all because of God. I look back on my life and KIND OF see maybe some of the things God was trying to do with me. I see why I went through some of the relationships I went through, I see what I had to move away for a while, I see why some of the ending happened like they did. All for His purpose and plan and today, I love it!

Then I got my Purpose Driven Life message this morning and low and behold, what is Mr Warren talking about today: God Smiles when we Praise!!

And he said this:

"We praise God for who he is and we thank God for what he has done (Hebrews 13:15; Psalm 116:17). David said, "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord" (Psalm 69:30-31 NIV).An amazing thing happens when we offer praise and thanksgiving to God. When we give God enjoyment, our own hearts are filled with joy!"

and that's exactly how I feel today. God is so good, all the time! My heart is literally filled with joy, it's a great day. I do pray though that I remember that everyday can be like this if I make that choice. No weapon formed against me shall prosper...

I pray that you all are having a great morning also and a blessed rest of the day and weekend! I am about to turn my music on since a few people are out today. Maybe I won't disturb them TOO much in the other offices : ) Until next time, Lord willing... love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment