Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My daughter, is a bit of a drama queen and I don't think there is a day that goes by that something is not going on in her life that is " life changing", or at least for her anyway. And I really try to do what people tell me.. you know, remember what it was like in high school, remember what it was like to be a teenager, but the mom comes out in me and I am like " are you serious, buck up girl!!". See, I see things a little different than her and some of her "friends" I realize are not her friends and she has not gotten to that point yet. So that means, Facebook status updates everyday on how so and so did me wrong and how I thought this and that one was my friend. And its not just her. I am friends online with alot of her friends (good way to keep up on things folks!!) and they are all the same.

Yesterday was no different. I walk in the house and she has the LOOK.. the one that means please don't ask me what's wrong because I am not telling you anyway but me being me, of course I asked and asked until I finally got some kind of answer. And it was the same thing.. I just learned something about this person that I didn't believe or know and she didn't like it or how they did her. I hate for her to learn the hard way, but sometimes its necessary. Then I got an e-mail form someone and in it, she mentioned she had a song stuck in her head that we sing at church "Satan prowls around like a roaring lion, devouring everything in site......." and I thought about Brianna too.

High school is so very different now than it was 20 years ago when I was there and although Satan was working then, I see it so much in those kids at the school and I don't think they have a clue. They are not looking for it and honestly, he is the last thing on most of their minds. But not only is Satan trying to get us to fail and fall, and just like we say the kids today are our future, I think Satan is thinking the same way.

It is up to us to make sure our children realize that Satan is laying traps for them everyday to fall into. That what may seem to be real and right may not be the case and that even in high school, it's okay to be different and ask God to help them work through their issues too. Heaven is such a big far off place to most of them and they think they are going to live forever.. I know I did. But we need to tell them, let them know that Satan IS real and he is prowling around like the song says waiting for them to make bad decisions that could effect their eternal lives. They need to know that the only way they will start to see people and things for what they really are is constantly pray and ask God for help and make sure that the people they do hang around have the same Christ-like goals that they want to have. Probably not the most popular things to be doing in high school, but sure is the right one.

And then, when we are telling our children this, we need to remember the same applies to us as well. There is no age limit on who Satan tries to attack and believe me, he knows exactly what, how and when to do it. Things are moving long all peachy and then BAM, he hits us and we have no clue what to do or how to get out of it. He counts on us being thrown off and not know what to do or to try to handle it ourselves and mess it up. But the same rules apply to us that we tell our kids, we need to constantly be praying BEFORE things happen. We need to stay in pray actually and keep that armor on at all times so that when things do happen, we know who we need to turn too. No matter how the world tells us to handle it, if we are looking at things the way Jesus does, through his eyes, it may not work out like we always want it too, but with prayer and faith, it will work out the way God sees fit.

Keep praying for each other, our kids too. Satan is not a fan of sticking together and making sure God is first so I figure all the more reason to do it.

Love you all bunches and until next time, Lord willing ....

No comments:

Post a Comment