Friday, May 7, 2010

You know, we all have some thing that God has given us that can be used to build each other up or tear one another down, that can comfort in times of need or crush when we get anger or that can be used to sing praises to God or say awful things to people... our tongue.

I hate fussing at my kids and I have at times said things I should not have said to them and others as well. And in that moment it didn't seem like anything bad but I have learned as years went on, that the words that I may have said at one time are still there. I can remember going through my divorce.. .OHHH I said a whole bunch of things that people told me I was justified in saying (and doing) but as I look back on it now, not only was I acting like a person strung out on drugs, and as much as I hated what my ex was doing to me, it wasn't Christian like at all. I have since apologized to my children and my ex for that matter, but I am no fool.. I know the words are still there.

"But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken: - Matthew 12:36

So I read this verse and I won't lie.. it scares me because I know I have alot of explaining to do. Everything that we do, the words we speak are suppose to be used to build up the body of Christ, to being in lost and to show the world what is like to be a Christian. Kinda hard to do when every other word out of our mouths is negative or tearing someone down. We are suppose to encourage each other daily and I think maybe sometimes we forget that, well except on Sundays and Wednesday night Bible study.

I am the queen of texting. Well actually my daughter is way better than me, but I can hang with the best of them. There is not a day that goes by that I am not either getting a text or sending one. Alot of it is really about nothing. But if we can find the time to text, Facebook and e-mail, why not send an encouraging text to a friend. It only takes a second and you never know who you will impact that day. Just a thought....I pray that we will all start to think about and watch what we say to others and make the words that you speak are used for what God intended.. to glorify Him in all we do.

It's the weekend people and I get a night without the boys tomorrow. I shall be on the back porch, citronella burning and taking in everything around me. Love you all bunches and I pray you all have a good and safe weekend. Until next time, Lord willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment