Monday, May 17, 2010

This past weekend was really busy for me, nothing new right? But we had a car wash for my daughter's basketball team to raise money for their summer camps in a few weeks. Car wash went fine and that night she wanted to go to the movies with her best friends, Brianna and Briana. Yes, there are THREE of them. Now she WANTED to go to the 10:40 movie but if you all know me, THAT was not happening so I agreed to let them go to the 8:30 movie. I figured I would still be in the bed by 10 or so, so it was all good. Well, movie was over at 9:45 and I get a text: " Can we walk to Mellow Mushroom to eat"? OK, I really think she was pushing me at this point. You know how they do.. call or text you in front of friends just so you can say yes. Well, as I hesitated, I said yes, BUT I will be there at 11 on the dot so be outside. She was not really happy since she thought she needed to be out past midnight, but my house, my rules. I even had someone tell me to stop being so protective. My NICE answer, was my house my rules although I really wanted to say something else to them!

So as promised 11 on the dot I am there and they are all outside. One of the Bri's was spending the night with me so they got in. Neither said a word but I knew MY Bri was not happy. Oh well..the joys of parenthood.. haha

Next morning, Brianna, Briana, and Brianna all went to church with me and it was quite funny watching them together. Someone calling out Bri and all three turn around or none of them move. After church they all went home w/ me before practice that afternoon and everything was good until I noticed my Bri go outside alone. Great, I guess they all made each other mad (maybe too much closeness) and either way, my child's attitude was not good. I asked what was wrong and of course no answer from her and the other two were just trying to talk to her but to no avail.


So I took her aside and basically gave her a "talk". I told her we just left church and her attitude was not very Christian like. That she could not invite people over and then just leave them because she is mad. People are going to upset you all your life I'm afraid and the way you handle it really makes or breaks you. I also reminded her that she was very fortunate in that she was allowed to do things that not alot of people could do and that she should really appreciate it more. As the conversation went on, I got a few tears from her, never a word though and she just walked outside. An hour or so later, the three Bri's seemed to be fine. Guess they made up and all was well in the land of best friends!

We read in Bible class that same Sunday morning Philippians 2:5-9

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name."

What a perfect example we have of someone setting aside how they should be treated and lived a life of sacrifice and humility. When we get to the point that our thoughts and actions are negative, we should focus on Christ and His words. We can't always have our way in life. But once again as I have said before and as I told my own daughter, it is not all about us. We are to live life as Christ did, serving and putting others before ourselves.

I pray you all have a wonderful Monday. The rain is great.. I read this morning on FB where everyone was not liking it but I say bring it on. I love it, very relaxing for me and if we didn't have it.. then what??? Love you all and until next time Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment