Thursday, May 6, 2010

Last night I was watching the news and something caught my attention. There is a judge in Lee County that has begun to start all of his sessions with a prayer. They interviewed him and he said that basically Christians have taken a back seat and it's time once again to stand up for what we believe in. He has hopes that maybe through prayer, it can change some of the people who come through his court. He also said, and I love it.. .he's not trying to push religion on anyone but if they don't like it, they can leave.

Then I started thinking about the many sermons I have heard in my lifetime about making sure we are doing what we are suppose to, letting our light shine, making sure we are always finding ways to bring God to people and I know that is just what this judge was doing. I have no clue what church he attends or what his beliefs even are, but he chose to make a stand and was not afraid or embarrassed to share it with the world. That made me smile and wish I was alot more like him.

A friend of mine told me the other night that people are always telling her (and me too) that the two things you do not discuss with people are politics and religion for fear of upsetting them I guess. But you know what, the truth hurts sometimes and I really don't understand how as Christians we can say " we can't discuss religion" and then try to teach God and save souls. Somehow that seems wrong. I think we HAVE to discuss religion, we have to make sure that people who don't know Christ know exactly who He is and what He did for the world. I do realize however that you can't go around telling people that what believe is wrong and they are going to hell for not believing what you do. But God does say in Mark 16:

"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

I didn't make it up, it's there. In the USA today, we are not persecuted for believing they way we do or even teaching others like they are in some countries, so as Christians we need to take every opportunity to make sure we take as many people to heaven with us as possible.What are we afraid of? I mean if God is in it, it HAS to be and will work out for good.

I like that judge in Lee County. Who knows how many people he will touch with something as simple as saying a prayer.

I hope and pray you all have a really wonderful day. Please say a special prayer for my friend Quanda. Her grandmother passed away yesterday and she will be traveling back to NC this weekend for the funeral.. And as she said last night on her Facebook, lets not wait until people are gone to let them know how much you love and care for them.

Until next time, Lord willing,, love ya bunches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment