Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's not about what YOU want!

I am no preacher, not even a teacher, I don't know it all and don't have alot of the answers, but I think that God allowed me go through alot of things in order to help someone else one day. I am not always right and I have to remember that when I try to help, God needs to be the one guiding me and not me trying to get all the glory for "helping someone in need".

Let me tell you something, I have prayed a many time for God to give things to me, to make things right, for me to just have a piece of mind because after all, I was being good. I truly believe that God is the giver all of things good and that He really wants what is best for us. But let me tell you something too, God is not going to give you sin. If it says plainly in His word... " Do no do ...X, Y and Z, why would you think he would change his mind and let you do it and it be okay? Does that make sense?? Take for example, in Thessalonians 4, it talks about living to please God (which should be the goal), it says " It is God's will that you should be sanctified; that you should avoid sexual immorality, that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men(and women) for such sins as we have already warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefor, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit"

I didn't make that up. It's right there in black and white. And another thing, let me tell you know, I realize there are certain topics that maybe people should not talk about, them being touchy and all, but maybe that's the problem, we are so concerned with hurting people's feelings and not concerned enough about them losing their soul. Let me also tell you, and this is me opening up a little here, I can talk about this because I have been in this exact situation. I think one of the hardest things in the world for me is the sense and feeling of being lonely. And for a really long time, I was not, under any circumstance going to be lonely, I didn't care what anyone said. I was tired of waiting and I mean I had prayed and God answers prayers right, so this HAD to be right. But it wasn't.

God is not, I repeat, He is not going to approve of something, no matter how right you think it is if He already told you not to do it. The rule don't change to fit our needs and wants. Sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest thing in the world to do and believe me, it is definitely not always fun, but I am a living witness, that if you do it just like He told you (and I am NOT perfect, I still make mistakes) I guarantee the reward will be great.

Don't let the world fool you. No, don't let Satan fool you into thinking that it's God who is blessing you while you are in the middle of your sin. I thought for a long time that God HAD to be the one that was letting all of what I thought was positive into my life until one day, I got called on everything I had been doing and I began to realize that Satan had been using me the whole time. talk about a hard pill to swallow....

God is nothing but good.. period, the end. Sin and God don't mix. And there is nothing He wants more than for us to give up the sinful stuff and follow Him. Yep, that may mean that you don't get what you want, may not ever get it here on earth.. so what? I promise you, the end reward will be much greater. So on a personal note, if I never get married again, if I live the rest of my life raising my kiddos, not having a penny in the bank, but just doing what I know is right and knowing that one day it really will pay off because I get to meet God, then that's what it is folks.

My mind is racing if you can't tell.. haha sorry.... but I jut think that we are all so consumed with it being " ABOUT ME" and guess what, it's not.

I love you all bunches and Lord willing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment