Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I have 168 numbers in my cell phone. Sounds like alot huh, but I am sure alot of you have way more than that. Last night I was going thru the phone and realized that alot of these people are people I have met in passing, I never talk to them and I really just don't know them. I guess its just nice to see 168 numbers in the phone but all of these people are not really friends, know what I mean? Then I decided to go through the phone and see just how many people I knew I could call on if I really needed them, no matter what time of day or night.... made my eyes get a little wide.. it wasn't 168.

Proverbs 18:24 - "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

I think we need meaningful relationships with people, God wants that, but I think that those relationships are give and take and not just all one sided. I told you once that Madea was one of my favorite characters and she said in one of her plays (which she took this from a Bible verse) but everything has a season, everyone has a season, and not everyone is meant to be in your life forever." I began to realize that this past year more than ever. I have always had alot of friends. I just have that kind of personality I guess.. haha.. but I have realized as I have gotten older and a little wiser, not everyone has your best interest at heart no matter what they say.

This is what I think friendship should be (and this kind of relationship is give and take, NOT just one sided): But friends should listen, you should share interest, protect each other, they tell the truth, they overlook faults, bare burdens of the other, they bring out the best, they are loyal to the end, they build us up and most importantly, they build us up spiritually. Do you realize how hard it is to find people like that... think about it.

What I have learned this year is that God are all of those things. He listens every time I open my mouth, I can tell Him anything and know that He is not going to judge me, He is going to be there with me until the end and He always builds me up. This year has been a year of change so far for me, for the better I might add, and it is because of the friendship I decided I needed from someone who only had my best interest at heart.... and He's not even in my cell phone!! I thank God every day for not giving up on me even when I do stupid crap or even when I give up on myself.

I hope you all have a great day. Until tomorrow, Lord willing...

BTW - Brianna's travel team came in 2nd place in the tournament and they have another tournament this weekend at Darton College... come if you can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment