Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Brianna came home the other day and said " Mama, guess what? They have a class at school that the people with babies can go to." Hmmmm... I am like huh? Basically, for the girls, who are in middle school, who have had children, they can take special classes at the school and bring the babies if need be. Now, I do like the idea of keeping kids in school no matter what happens because education is important, it really upset me to know that there are girls, and ALOT of them, taking this class in the first place. And the sad part is alot of them think that it is so cute that at the age of 14 and 13, having a child is a good thing. I have three, and I know how my nerves are so theirs could not be good. My other question to myself is .. how in the world did this happen? Parents are taught over and over again to teach their children but it seems pretty obvious that morals are not being taught.

Now I am no idiot, I know how it happened, but the fact that our world has become so morally corrupt, that this is the norm no is sad. We see and hear it on the television all the time. We, as parents AND friends (because I do believe in each one teach one) are not doing our parts to help these young people, the girls AND boys and I cannot see how God would be pleased at all.

Throughout the Bible we are told how we should be living, God gave us rules to live by. " But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such things is no law." Galatians 5:22-23. In that same chapter, Paul tells us how we should NOT be living: "So I say live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want to do." He goes on to list things that will not get you into the kingdom of heaven... some of which are sexual immorality, impurity, debauchery, witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, envy, drunkenness, etc. There are some more, check em out.

So as I see it, if we are not teaching our children these things now , OR even worse, if they see us doing it and think it's okay, we are setting them up for failure from jump street. It really has to stop now. My children have seen alot of stuff in my house.. I will admit that. I have even been called on it by my daughter once. It was then I knew, things had to change. There is no way I intend for my children to suffer because of stupid choices I was making so it had to stop.. it did stop.

Brianna is 14. She gets 38 hot (that means mad for you that don't know) at me for not letting her go to the movies alone or / friends or walking around in the mall. She also has 4 sisters (one older and 3 younger) and her oldest sister had a child last year, she was 17. I realize she has to grow up sometimes, but as a parent, I have to put her in situations that I feel are safe for her and also that I feel she is mature enough to handle. She'll get there on day soon I am sure, but for now I keep on trying to let her know right and wrong. My goal is for her to know those qualities or morals that God wants her to live by. Some people might feel like these are some high standards to meet. I say, we should strive to attain ALL of these standards no matter how hard they seem and if we live knowing what our morals should be and do it, then we will also be living a godly life and that would be great!!

Hope you all have a great day, I really do! Lord willing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment