Monday, November 30, 2009

Are you ready to just let Him handle it?

I think that for me, the biggest thing I want anyone to know and the thing I try to tell myself every time I am dealing with an issue is, God is the one who can fix it. It seems to me that once we finally realize that there is NO issue to big for God, we will be much better off. I told someone the other day that it amazes me that there are so many people in the world that have problems, that think that calling a friend or family member will fix it all and God is the only one who hears our cries and is the only one who knows what to do and how to do it. Not only that, He can hear all of us, ALL at the same time. I have a hard time listening to my three children at once, but not only can HE and does He listen, He helps us all. All we have to do is be willing to share with Him. I mean you might as well, it's not like He doesn't know anyway. Who are we trying to hide from???? I know for me, at one point in my life, I almost felt like I was actually "hiding" from God and HE couldn't see me so I was ok. Funny how your mind works when you do wrong.

Psalms 62:1 - " My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

I spent some time this past weekend with a really good friend. We are as different as night and day, but those differences make us bond very well and she confided in me some things that have been going on. Now I have said this over and over, I DO NOT profess to know all or ANY answers to situations that come up, but I just try to use what has happened to me to show people that things can and do change. So as she talked to me, I could hear the pain, almost feel it. She had come to a point in her life where although she grew up in church, knows the verses and songs, have heard them all her life, still can't figure out why things are happening like they are. Why she is not getting what she KNOWS is a good thing, and it really is. My comment to her was " are you REALLY talking to God"? I know its been a long time, but are you really talking and waiting for him to answer? Not in YOUR time, because it's never in our time, but in His. I really believe that God allows us to make our own decisions. I mean isn't that why we tend to get in trouble most of the time, doing things OUR way? But when we totally and fully say " God I am giving this to you and I am going to let you handle it however you see fit" and leave it alone, is when we can start to see His plan unfold right before our eyes. I really believe that, I have seen it in my own life. Our 10 or 15 years of pain and suffering in "our" time seems really long, but I don't think God works on that kind of time line.

There is nothing man can tell me, good or bad, that I know God can't go back and change. He sees, and hears and all He is waiting for is us to come to Him openly and honestly asking for help when we need it. He's all you need and as it says in Psalms 62 your soul should find rest in God alone.

This is my all time favorite song we sing in church!! Really!! Every time we sing it I get chills!! In it it says.... "when the oceans rise and thunders roll, I will soar with you above the storm. Father you are king over the flood. I will be still and know you are God." That's what we need to do.. KNOW He is God and no matter what happens, no matter what you think will happen, just chill and talk to Him. He can handle any and EVERYTHING you throw at Him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2swjpTUiPk&feature=related


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Lord willing, we will talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment