Friday, November 6, 2009

Worry

It doesn't take much for me to stress out. I worry about everything and I think all the time. I mean about everything... things I need to do, things I should be doing, how I can change things and things I have no control over.The other day in my e-mail I got a devotional from The Purpose Driven Life and it was entitled " Why Worry" and immediately caught my attention.

In it, Rick Warren said that there really is no need to worry. Its unreasonable, it's unnatural, it's unhelpful and It's unnecessary. as I read it I thought to myself, " that may be, but seems like I cannot stop doing it". But as I kept going something stood out. He said when you were little and you asked you dad for lunch money, you never gave it a second thought about where the money would come from, that was your dad's problem, not yours. So why not apply that same reasoning with God. Sounds simple and as humans, we again tend to think we can handle everything that pops up in our lives. Well I do anyway. But trusting in God and really believing what Matthew 6 says:

"If God gives such attention to the appearance of the wildflowers- most of which are never seen, Don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do His best for you? What I am trying to do her is get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way He works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how He works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions.Don't worry about missing out. You'll find that all your human concerns will be met. Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the times comes". (MSG)

will help us all deal with any problems that Satan tries to throw at us.

This has been a long week. I have had ups and downs all week long and its all because of stress and things I cannot change. So I decided to make a conscience effort to just pray about it, tell God what the deal is and see what happens. I know that by doing His will, if something is not right, He will reveal it to me. So for now, I just sit and wait.

It's Friday and I hope and pray you all have a wonderful, blessed weekend. I think its gonna be really nice here! Lord willing, we will talk again on Monday..

No comments:

Post a Comment