Monday, November 23, 2009

My gray hair

"Gray hair is a crown of splendor, it is attained by a righteous life" ~ Proverbs 16:31

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted gray hair. Not a strand here and there, but like salt and pepper hair and all of my friends thought I was crazy. But I an remember seeing the African American women with that beautiful hair and loving it. When I hit about 26, I saw my first gray hair and about freaked. I mean I wanted it but not one LONG strand right in the front so hence the coloring started. Since then I have done all kinds of things with my hair, from color, to cutting, to letting it get longer, to going natural, to going back to a relaxer and color last week. Now at 36, I have MORE gray, not completely salt and pepper but the color definitely does not take on the gray...lol

And although the gray hair WILL come with age, alot of other things will to I hope. Knowledge and wisdom for one. Not that I didn't realize how important God was in my life, the older I get though, I realize that God and heaven are way more attractive than anything the world can offer. The older I get, through all the hair dyes, the knowledge I gain in Christ is worth every single gray hair to make me the woman God wants me to be!

I hope you all have a blessed Monday. Love you and until next time, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment