Tuesday, November 3, 2009

There was a time in my life when I thought that talking to God was pointless. My attitude was VERY negative and basically I got tired of talking and nothing I asked for was being answered. Maybe more than anything else, it was fear. The negative thinking had caused me to think I COULDN'T do anything anyway so praying was useless... so I didn't do it.

Not sure at what point it all changed, and alot of things happened in between all of this, but I realized that I was looking and thinking all wrong. I was hoping my prayers would be answered instead of having the confidence in God to believe what He said and trust in Him. James 5 says the "prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective." And you know what, the things we ask for will not happen overnight. That was the hardest for me to understand and learn. But look at Elijah.. he prayed for rain for over three years, and it didn't rain. He never quit, never stopped believing, never gave up on the fact that God does what he said He will do. He prayed and God sent rain.

Another hard thing I had to learn was that sometimes my prayers WERE being answered, just not in the way I would like them to be. See, we are told to ask, have faith the size of a mustard seed and we can move mountains, but if it's not in accordance with God's Will, you can hang it up. God is not going to give us anything in our lives that will not uplift us and bring glory to Him. When our desires do line up with His Will, we will understand why some things are just not meant to be for us. When we pray passionately and purposefully, according to God's will, God responds powerfully. Always!

God is there, waiting on us. He wants us to come to Him not only when we have problems, but when we have good things to tell Him too. Alot of times, and I have been very guilty of this, when good stuff happens, I get in my head that I was the one who made it happen. I mean after all, I was the one who did this or that right? But who was the one who allowed that to happen?

So pray with confidence, knowing that God hears your prayer, that he loves you and wants nothing but for you to be with Him forever and that He will answer. Tell Him the good, bad and ugly. No need in trying to hide it anyway, He already knows! He may answer right away or it may take years, who knows but I am positive it will be in a way that will grow you and grow your walk with Him.

I love you all bunches. Have a wonderful day and Lord willing, we will talk again tomorrow : )

No comments:

Post a Comment