Monday, August 31, 2009

Yesterday my church had a picnic at Webb Park. We do this every so often and it's a chance for us to come together, be relaxed, talk and just have a good time. I will be honest.. yesterday I prayed for rain. It's not that I don't like the park, I just like it better when it's cold outside.. no bugs then. And I mean I REALLY did pray for rain.. I told someone I must have started too late cause it didn't start raining until we had already cooked on the grill and began eating. By then, EVERYONE was piled under the little shed, eating.. we were a CLOSE family yesterday. But that was alright, it was fun, it really was.

Galatians 6: 10 - Therefore, as we have an opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

I think sometimes, myself being probably the world's worst, think that the only people who need love and support are the ones outside of the church. You know, the ones who have no clue who Christ is or what he did. I imagine even the apostles and disciples had days where they needed each other to keep moving on preaching God's Word. And one of my favorite people in the Bible, Paul..needed encouragement as he preached to the churches.

I think sometimes we tend to think that if we lay it all on God, that He is going to take care of it and things will just fall into place. Please hear me when I say I totally agree that we SHOULD do that, that's what He asked and told us to do, but He also gave us family, our Christian family so that in times of need and trouble, we can go to them for support, love and prayer. And I am the world's worst ( you all know that) about asking for help, But God actually tells us in Galatians to be a support for the family of believers.. Christians.. that's us!

So, know that there are probably some people around you, Christian friends and family, who are in need of your support and prayers today. With so much going on in the world right now, the job situations, money problems, family issues..there are so many opportunities to be the person God wants you to be, to let our lights shine. Pray that God shows it to you today.

The weekend my friends, was wonderful, it really was. I look forward to another great week. If you have noticed, i have not written everyday like normal lately. That would be because I seem to be always on the go w/ a child in high school who thinks she has to be involved in everything the school has going on. My intent is to though, at least write every other day and on good weeks maybe more. I hope you are all dong well and Lord willing, we will talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment