Monday, August 17, 2009

Still learning at 36

When my kids mess up, I like for them to know what they did and learn from it. The same would apply to me. I don't really have anyone to answer to as far as parents and I guess as adults, we tend to feel like we can do and say what we want, but looking at the bigger picture, that's not always right.

I had a great weekend, I really did. I got some rest, cleaned the house up some and got to spend some really fun time with friends. I do appreciate the fact that God allowed me to be able to do everything I got to do. But during that time, I probably did one of the most stupid things I have ever done. You know how we rank sins and bad things we do (not right, but as humans, we do it!) Well this wasn't a sin so to say, but definitely NOT one of the smartest moves I have made in my adult life and I have heard and felt the consequences of it. From people and God. I stayed up pretty much all night thinking and praying about it. And to the people who were there, without going back into it, I just want to apologize. As I think with a more clear head this morning, sometimes the things we think are funny or are no big deals, really are pretty big when it upsets other people. And trust me folks, I don't like to be judged, I like my kids, don't always like to be told when I do wrong (most of the time I already know it).. but right is right and wrong is wrong.

And let me just say this I am not looking for sympathy or pity.. I can already see the e-mails popping in my in box now...lol. I just messed up and I know it and I apologize.

The weekend was GREAT, church was really good and life group, well, as "hard" as I am, God is working on me, believe that!! I love you all bunches and Lord willing, we will talk again tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment