Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Yep, prayer again! :)

So we finished our lessons at church Sunday on Prayer and I have to agree w/ what Greg said. I think this is the first series we have done that has gotten so much feed back. Not sure if its because so many people started taking prayer seriously and started to actually see change or what, all I know is it was good! During that series, I was surfing the Internet and came across this quote that is now the signature on my e-mails:

"God has editing rights over our prayers. He will... edit them, correct them, bring them in line with His will and then hand them back to us to be resubmitted.” ~ Stephen Crotts

And when I read it, I was like yep, that's about right. I cannot tell you how many times I have prayed, and some of them have been really good, and I think I even had good intentions, and God was like " Nope, but how about this" and took me in a whole other direction. I was not happy, I admit that. I mean I KNOW how my life should go, what makes me tick and what makes my world go round. How dare He wanna change it up on me like that right?? Doesn't he want me happy?

But you know, God gives us answers, maybe not in the way we want them, but we get them.

Does God answer prayers:

Yep - He sure does. In the Bible it says plain as day, ask and it will be given to you. Sounds simple huh, but I think that if it lines up with what God wants and His plan, then of course, if we ask with the right heart and motives, its gonna happen.

Does God answer prayers:

No- We can't always get what we want. I tell my kids that all the time. God is so big and all knowing, and maybe our prayers are not in line with what He wants and guess what... there may be and probably is something bigger and better waiting on us if we just trust in Him.

Does God answer prayers:

Maybe, but not right now- Okay, this might be the hardest one for me. I don't like waiting but maybe the prayer request is in line, but just not right now. God is not ready for us to have what is it we want. Maybe its to test our faith and trust.. I don't know but I do know that when He is ready, it will happen.


I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - 'Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.' Things are not always going to go like we want. It seems for some reason, now in our nation, things are getting really bad. I think maybe its God's way of saying.. Alright, here I am, I'm waiting on you all to come to me and talk to me, you can fix this if you want. But we get so caught up in the fact that we DON'T have and not look at what we do. I have a friend who lost her job yesterday. Company layoffs, she wasn't the only one and I told her that I would be looking out for her and praying. She said.. thank you and she knew God was working on something better for her and this was His way of showing her that.

Isn't that the attitude we all need? Even through something like that, still having enough faith and trust in the One who can do all things. I ask that you all still pray for my friend and also pray for the good stuff. We are all awake this morning, have eaten breakfast, jobs to go to, cars to drive, bills paid.. we may not have all we want, but we sure have more than most.

I love you all bunches and Lord willing we will talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment