Monday, August 24, 2009

"God has editing rights over our prayers"

So I found this quote last week ... "God has editing rights over our prayers. He will... edit them, correct them, bring them in line with His Will and then hand them back to us to be resubmitted" (Stephen Crotts). I love it! I told you last week, we have been talking about prayer at church and when I found it, I was like YEP, this is it!!

See, when I have prayed in the past, I assumed it would work like this: I pray, God listens and then answers it. The end. And sometimes, it has worked like that... sometimes. Its the times that He decides that maybe I should have to wait it out that I have the problem. But have I (we) been praying with the right motives? You know, are the prayers all about YOU and what YOU want and what you think is best for YOU? That would be me... I have and had it all worked out in my head and I could not for the life of me see why God couldn't see that what I was asking for was the right decisions. Now, I can honestly thank Him for NOT answering some of that mess the way I wanted Him to.. cause that's exactly what it was.... mess!

Last night at Life Group, we were talking about God saying no when things are not good for us, but I contend that sometimes He DOES let some of those things happen just like we ask so that we can see for ourselves that it is not good. My daddy use to always say to my brother and me.. "a hard head makes a soft behind". I hated when he said that because it usually meant that we had done something he or my mama had asked us not to do and now came the punishment. I kinda see God like that. Maybe he isn't saying it quite like my daddy did, but He says,, " OK I'll let you have this and find out the hard way that its not good for you". That has happened to me and I hate I had to learn the way, but sometimes it has to be.

So when you pray, talk to God, I mean really talk to Him. Its alright to ask for what you want, r what you think you may want. I don't think God minds at all. But just know that it may not happen like you want it all the time. Sometimes when God doesn't answer our prayers its because He is sending us in a different direction, one we may not have even thought of yet that is going to be so much better for us.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and Lord willing, we will talk again tomorrow!

xoxoxoxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment