Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm pretty happy today

Last night on my Facebook page I said " I am very happy". The reason I love Facebook so much is the responses I sometimes get. After I posted that, I got so many people who replied and some of those replies were" I am happy too, pass it on". I have a friend who is pregnant so she has alot of reason to be happy. Another who is about to be a grandma really soon. One who has a son that won his football game... all kinds of reasons. And very good reasons to be happy too!!!

Psalms 144: 13-15 (NKJV) - "That our barns may be full, Supplying all kinds of produce;That our sheep may bring forth thousands. And ten thousands in our fields; That our oxen may be well laden;That there be no breaking in or going out; That there be no outcry in our streets. Happy are the people who are in such a state; Happy are the people whose God is the LORD!"

It's funny tough.. our attitudes play a major part in our happiness. I am the world's worse too. Let ONE thing throw me off and that is it for the happy me! I didn't get what I wanted therefore I am NOT happy anymore. I can't buy the new car I wanted, school is not going so well, I can't eat at the restaurant I want.. my hair is not doing what it is suppose to... the list could go on and on and it could be really simple things to really big things. But life is not about us being happy and having what we want.. it's not all about us.

Happiness is not an end, its not the final destination ... it's how we get there I think. How we work, how we handle the world, how we live and serve others. I think it happens when we throw ourselves totally into something and wouldn't God want it that way. When we live our lives totally committed and serving God the way He wants us too, we learn to live our lives not by circumstances and things that give us joy or make us happy. Happiness comes from living the way God wants us too, being excited that one day we will get our chance to meet and live with Him forever.

Thanks for the calls and e-mails about Christian.. He is much better this morning and it was not H1N1... just a case of bronchitis. I hope you all have a great weekend.. I need to rush to work cause I am late again...ughhh!! Love you all and Lord willing, we will talk again on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment