Monday, June 1, 2009

I am really excited that in my Bible class on Sunday mornings we are about to begin to study the book of James. Only 5 chapters, but I love every single one of them. I have read them over and over. It talks about actions... things we have to actually DO, and not just say it. I am gonna be so excited to talk about this for the next few weeks. I hope y'all can bare with me...

The first time I read Chapter 1, the first few verses I was like "HUH".. it says

" Consider is pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

You know how you read something over and over, and don't get it for a long time? Well that was me. And maybe it was just because of all the stuff going on, that I didn't WANT to get it. There was so much going on in my life at one point. And I hope I don't start repeating myself, but I cannot tell you how those things really changed my life... first not in a good way, but I often wonder if I needed to go through the crap to get to this point. When I got divorced, I decided to move to Texas to get away from everything and everyone I knew that seemed to be getting on my nerves. But not only was I running from people here, I was running from God. Sad but true.... I was hurt, mad, irritated, among many other things and I just didn't want to be bothered. I think God let me have that year to sulk, but when HE got tired of it.. He got tired of it!!! And back home I came to face everything I thought I was running from.

See for me, running from the problems and temptations was a way to deal with it, now I know you have to really deal with things head on. People always tell me how "strong" they think I am but you know what, its not me.. trust me, it's not me. And coming home didn't' solve problems right away, it took years actually, but I am getting there.. still!

God DOES use our trials to make us stronger, to make us handle situations like we NEED too, instead of like I did by running away!!

I am pumped about these new lessons we are about to do at church.. maybe I will get some new prospectives, something I missed from it and I can't wait to share!!

It's Monday and it's gonna be a good day! I hope you all know that! Love you all and Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment