Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The devil made me do it

"The devil made me do it".... how many times have we said that. I mean it says in James "When tempted, no one should say, God is tempting me. For God cannot be tempted by evil nor does He tempt anyone." Soooooo that only leaves one person who could be leading us into this right? BUT if you keep reading it says " but each one is tempted by his OWN evil desires, he is dragged away and enticed." Sounds like to me, that it is US, who lets our own lusts entice us to do things that we have no business doing. I guess it would be easy to blame the devil huh, after all it's not like he means us any good, BUT at some point you have to start taking responsibility (and consequences) for your own actions.

James goes on to say " Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is full grown, gives birth to death." Wow... So its like this:

Desire = Sin = Death.... and all of that because we can't control ourselves. Nothing good can happen when we sin. Destruction will ALWAYS follow. It may not be right then, but it always comes back to us in some shape or form. We cannot keep these harbored in us.. we must crush them as soon as we figure it out or sin will soon follow.

And although God does not cause us to sin, HE is definitely the only one who can give power and victory over the sin. We must call on Him daily to help us!

I hope you all have a really great day!!! I am really enjoying reading James.... sometimes I think it all sounds a little too easy, like there is something else hidden.. I guess I will learn that as my Sunday school class goes on.

Love you all bunches..until tomorrow Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment