Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ed McMaahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays........

We have all heard in the news recently about alot of very famous people dying..... Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays.... and I think the world is still in shock. I really did like Michael Jackson too let me tell you. Knew the songs, loved the dances, everything...... but I was e-mailing someone the next day about him and I told her after the initial shock of his death, my next thought was .. " I hope he lived like he was suppose to". These people were not old either... 50.. 60... and with the exception of maybe Farrah Fawcett because of the situation, they probably thought they had all the time in the world to do the things they wanted to do.

As hard as it is to imagine, we may not all live to be 90 yrs old and see our children, and grandchildren or great grandchildren grow up. My children now think they have all the time in the world to do what they want. they can't wait until "tomorrow" to go to a game, or watch a movie. I on the other hand, can't seem to find the time to get everything done. There is always something else that can or needs to be done. I just need more time....

Matthew 24:36 - No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

And I don't mean to be morbid at all, but the truth is, our time on earth is short and we may not live another day..... and we have to live that way. It doesn't matter about how much money you have, you can't take it with you, doesn't matter your status, or how big your house was. I get alot of text messages that talk about making sure you tell the ones you love that you love them before it's too late. It funny to me that I only get them though when someone dies.. a reminder I guess. We have to do what God tells us to do, stay in His word and know that His promises are true.

I hope this didn't put a damper on your day, that's not what I meant to do. I do hope you all have a blessed day!! Until tomorrow, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment