Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Patiently waiting....

You know, I can tell when I have been praying and studying and when I have slacked off.... when I slack off, things start to not go in the right order and I start doing what I want to do instead of what I know I need to be doing and what God wants me to do. Sometimes I get so tired of waiting on God to talk to me. Does that sound bad? I don't mean it to be, but it's like I keep waiting and waiting on some things to happen, and for the life of me I can't figure out WHY there has been no move made. I mean other things are happening, I can see changes being made but not the one I am REALLY asking for.

Psalm 27:14 - " Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord."

When I moved back to Albany, I waited almost 3 months, living with a friend, before I found a job and could move into my own apartment. I wait in line at Wal-Mart during the Christmas season to buy things for my children that they really want (and that is NOT fun at all). I patiently waited for one of my favorite movies to come out, buying my ticket in advance on Fandango to make sure I got in before it sold out. See, SOME things I have no problem with waiting on. Seems that waiting on God to answer (for me) seems a bit harder. Sometimes I even get answers, that I THINK are from God, but in actuality, they are answers I just want so I do them, and they never work. But as it said in my book, sometimes the process of waiting fro a message from God can be just as important as the message itself.

2 Peter 3:9 says the Lord is not slow about His promise. God answers prayers, I know this, but it is all in His time, not ours necessarily. Waiting is not wasted time thought you know. We can't stop reading and talking to Him, we have to stand firm in His Word as we wait to see the promises fulfilled. As we wait on God to answer us, we are strengthened and blessed...we can find new purpose, increase our faith and maybe actually see a plan that God has laid out for us. We are not always going to get the answers we want in our time or even the answer we think, but be sure that if it comes from God, it's the one we need in our lives.

I hope you all have a great day. Until tomorrow, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment