Monday, June 15, 2009

I decided at the very last minute last week to take a few days off. I think sometimes the stresses of the world get to us a little more than we think and we need some kind of "reflection" so that's what I did. I went to the bookstore and found a new Bible Study to start. A while ago, I read a book in a Bible Study called "Can We Talk" by Priscilla Shirer and she has a few more so I decided to give one a try. This one is called " Discerning the Voice of God" and like many other books,seems this one is talking directly to me.The book is divided into 6 weeks and I won't bore you everyday for 6 weeks w/ it, but I'm sure you will probably be hearing about it alot.

So as I was reading, something really stuck out to me. She said, " think of a request you have been bringing to the Lord for a long time. Do you still expect God to respond and speak to you or are you losing hope?" Hmmmm....As I thought about how last week was for me and this statement, I knew definitely that I was the later.. I was losing hope in what I had been asking for. I think sometimes, well alot of the time, we expect and want answers NOW... and this is not something I have just asked for. In my mind it has been a long time coming, but it just hasn't happened yet. And once again I am reminded of how I am really good at giving advice but the taking it part is a little hard for me.

See, I know it's not about me and MY time.. it's about God's time and when HE is ready. Obviously He knows way more than I do, and maybe I still have a few things to work out before it happens. It does say, " ask and you shall receive" but there is no time frame in that verse. So this weekend I TRIED really hard to focus on the positive and what is here and now. Not the easiest thing in the world for me to do especially when I see people who don't necessarily deserve things get them.

"God will speak to the hearts of those who prepare themselves to hear; and conversely, those who do not so prepare themselves will hear nothing even though the Word of God is falling upon their outer ears every Sunday"~ A.W. Tozer

So we need to start preparing ourselves to really listen and watch for God's answer and KNOW that just because we get an answer, it MAY not be the one God actually sent.. trying to figure out which is which is key.

I hope you all have a great week. Say a prayer for safe travels for my daughter and her basketball team. They left this morning at 7 for a basketball camp for 3 days. Until tomorrow, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment