Monday, June 8, 2009

It's just been an eventful weekend. And as I started it, I was NOT in a good mood (yep, I have them days still now), but as I went to help decorate for VBS (which honestly, is not something I wanted to do this weekend, I wanted to sleep), spent some time w/ friends at a retirement party and then talking, I learned alot. God is still working on me.....

I remember having a conversation a while ago with someone and basically we talked about why it seemed like we were the only ones in the world ( to us anyway) who had to deal with so much all at one time. It was like as soon as we figured one thing out, another one happened and we didn't have time to re coop from the other one. It was all me, me me, me.... It made sense and nothing we said was wrong.. all of the stuff happened, but last night as I was reading James, I started to think about it alot. To the point that it actually bothered me some.

First of all, let me say that anything I write is about me, stuff that I normally have gone through or have had to deal with. Not everyone sees it the same or will deal with it the same. But when I tell you I honestly feel like God has helped me through some messed up stuff, this was one of those things. My thinking was all screwed up. I was looking at all the negative in my situations and it was getting me no where. The more I talked about it, the worse it got. It was not until I began to realize ( and I am still in that process now), that there are lessons in all of it, that I began to start to grow and change. I don't want to and have no intentions of spending the rest of my life blaming everyone else for mistakes that I have made and problems I have had.

I have said SOOO many times, that " they couldn't possibly know or understand anything i am talking about because they have not been through it".. and that is true. Bitterness and hatred are deadly weapons let me tell you and for a very very long time, that was me. No one could tell me anything and even now, I am pretty opinionated, and I still have a hard time sometimes understanding where people are coming from. Not alot of people have had to deal with some of the things I have, but that doesn't mean they can't be there for me. It doesn't mean that I can't help them, because I would imagine that God is going to give me that opportunity as well one day.

Hmmmm.... it's just been an enlightening weekend for me. Nothing really "motivational" to talk about today, just some stuff that was on my mind. Just when I think that I have seen it all, God opens my eyes to a little bit more.

I hope you all have a great Monday morning. And if you have nothing to do tonight.. we are having our 2nd day of VBS at my church. .Westwood Church.. 123 Westover Road (across from Westover High School),please come, 6-8:30!

Until tomorrow, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment