Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Unanswered Prayer.......

have been talking about prayer alot these past few weeks with people. The Bible says " ask and you shall receive" so that is what we do right? But what happens when we ask and God says no?

I remember when I was going through my divorce all I could pray was " PLEASE MAKE THIS WORK". I mean it made sense to me... why in the world would God want a family to break up? Kids to be without both parents in the house? and I mean I loved him so of course it was the only right thing to do. And I was praying to the right person about the right circumstance (or so I thought) But everyday, it became clear that me being married to this man was NOT what God wanted. and then I go and do it twice like He was gonna change His mind the second time.....wrong!!

But you know what.. God had a greater purpose in my pain. He saw a bigger picture that I still don't necessarily see, but I have to trust He knows WAY more than me. Prayer should change US more than it changes the circumstances we are in. I know believe that when God does not answer in the way that I always want Him too, that there is something I am missing and He wants me to focus on Him to figure it out. Not everything is going to go our way, I learned that. But it doesn't mean that God doesn't love us. i love my children with all my heart, but they don;t always get what they want....

I like Garth Brooks and he had a song a while ago that I absolutely LOVE!! I found this video for you to listen to.....

Have a great day all and I love you... and remember " Just because He doesn't answer, doesn't mean he don't care. Some of God's greatest gifts.. are unanswered prayer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kFLVRxpKms

No comments:

Post a Comment