Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So is your armor clean and ready for action?

Are you protected today? Is your armor ready for action?

It never ceases to amaze me that when I get "those feelings", God is right there to give me the answers. Last night I really had one of those gut feelings and I wasn't sure what to do or even if it was just my over active imagination was working overtime again. I got up this morning and got the boys ready, still not knowing what the feeling was about and also not knowing what I wanted to write about today. I took the boys to school, came home and sat on the bed, closed my eyes, said a little prayer and just opened the Bible. It opened to (and my eyes caught) -

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." - Ephesians 6:10-11

The Holy Spirit is never far from us and I think gives us those flags to know that Satan is still working even when we think he has left us alone. We get warnings not to go on with a particular situation or relationship. It's up to us to heed those warnings and feelings. We we get that nagging feelings we need to pay attention.

Beth Moore said in her book " When Godly People do Ungodly Things" that excessive thinking is a clear sign of a fierce demonic stronghold. And that the nature of a stronghold is something exhalted in our minds contray to the knowledge of God. WOW........

So as I look back now, I was armed. It was there all day because of God's grace and mercy. He helped me all day and even last night although Satan was trying his best to rip it off of me. But God is good, and He kept me and is keeping me strong. Everyday we live, we must take time out to put on the armor of God. When we wake up in the morning, we must be ready to face the war.. the battle between us and the devil... we need to be ready!!!

I hope you all have a blessed day and don't let Satan steal any joy you have today. Lord willing.. see ya tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment