Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Let them go!

I like Tyler Perry and I LOVEEE Madea! I have seen all the movies and plays and they are all great. In one of them, she said something that was so true:


"Some people are meant to come into your life for a lifetime, some for only a season and you got to know which is which. And you're always messing up when you mix those seasonal people up with lifetime expectations.I put everybody that comes into my life in the category of a tree. Some people are like leaves on a tree. When the wind blows, they're over there... wind blow that way they over here... they're unstable. When the seasons change they wither and die, they're gone. That's alright. Most people are like that, they're not there to do anything but take from the tree and give shade every now and then. That's all they can do. But don't get mad at people like that, that's who they are. That's all they were put on this earth to be. A leaf.

Some people are like a branch on that tree. You have to be careful with those branches too, cause they'll fool you. They'll make you think they're a good friend and they're real strong but the minute you step out there on them, they'll break and leave you high and dry.

But if you find 2 or 3 people in your life that's like the roots at the bottom of that tree you are blessed. Those are the kind of people that aren't going nowhere. They aren't worried about being seen, nobody has to know that they know you, they don't have to know what they're doing for you but if those roots weren't there, that tree couldn't live. A tree could have a hundred million branches but it only takes a few roots down at the bottom to make sure that tree gets everything it needs. When you get some roots, hold on to them but the rest of it... just let it go. Let folks go."

Even though she was talking about a man and woman relationship in this particular play, it is also true I think about all relationships. When I was younger I had ALOT of friends. That was just the type person I was. Didn't matter about background, color, money, where they lived, I just liked to socialize and I loved having people in my house and around me. As I got older, I realized (and not all on my own), that Madea was very right. Not all people that come into your life are meant to be there forever. And not all of them mean you good.

Do not be deceived: Bad company ruins good morals. " I Corinthians 15:33. I had alot of people in my life that condoned the things I did that were in no shape, form or fashion right. It didn't really matter what it was, as long as they felt they were getting something out of it (which was watching me make a fool out of myself) then they were good. I have sense gotten rid of alot of people that were in my life. Our friends, or "associates" have a great influence on us, often in very subtle ways. When we try to pursue friendships with people who thinks that what God thinks is unimportant, it can cause us to become callous. True friends should help, not hinder our faith as we draw closer to the Lord.

Care should be involved in choosing our friends. The friends we choose will influence us in some way. We want the influence they have on us to be positive. The most positive influence that could be made is one that will help us on our pathway to heaven. When we pick our friends, this needs to be done with much thought and care. We need to be the kind of true friend the Bible encourages.

I hope you all have a great Wednesday. Love ya and Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment