Monday, March 23, 2009

God is really with us

About 4 months ago I started "dating" (f you wanna call it that this guy. He was really nice, seemed sincere and everything was going okay. After a few weeks I began to get "that feeling". I wasn't sure what it was but I knew that things were not going to work between us. He was nice enough, just not for me. I told a few people and some of them basically just told me it was me being hard as usual and to give him a chance. Naw... I mean he would call and talk but that was about it. No more going out. Last Tuesday night after some shopping at the mall, he called me. I thought it kind of strange since I had not talked to him in a few weeks, but whatever. He was outside the house so I went outside to talk to him for a few minutes. He began to tell me how he was just thinking about me and wanted to stop and see if we were okay. He also told me that I hurt his feelings because I basically dumped him and didn't give him a reason. I just told him that I felt it wasn't going to work but I appreciated him stopping by to check on us. He gave me a big hug and told me that he would call me the next day and maybe we could talk... yeah ok, whatever.

As the next night came, I had the TV on and I was on the computer. The news was on and I NEVER watch the news at night. Anyway, they began to talk about the GBI and local police breaking into the home of a man who had been impersonating a police officer, kidnapping women (and a man I found out) and assaulting them. They said his name and you could have knocked me over with a feather... it was the same one who was just at my house the night before. I cannot tell you the emotions that began to swell up in me, so much so that I could not even work the next day. He never hurt me in any kind of way, he was actually nothing but nice to me but I knew (not at that exact moment) that God had been with me and I found out also later on with other women who were dating him also.

After the initial shock wore off, I had no doubt that the Holy Spirit had placed in me something that told me he was not the one I needed to be around. Even when we think God is not listening, not really playing a part in our lives, things happen, like what happened last week to make me know beyond the shadow of a doubt, that He is listening and He is always with me and will never leave me.

Romans 8:26-27 - In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches out hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

In a moment where I had really no control over what could have happened, God and the Spirit protected me. I read something a friend of mine wrote this weekend and it said I know God is there and I am praying but I still don't know what it is He is trying to tell me. I am learning that sometimes we hear what we want to hear and if it doesn't fit OUR plans then we can't hear it. But maybe He IS giving you the answer, not what you want, but definitely what you need. Keep listening!!!

I love you all very much and I want to thank you all (the ones who knew) for everything and let me just say again, I am really OK .. he never put a hand on me, all is well.

I hope you all have a great week... I think its going to be another beautiful day!! Until tomorrow, Lord willing......

No comments:

Post a Comment