Wednesday, March 4, 2009

In 1991, I had it all figured out....

Last night I took out my Senior book and took a stroll down memory lane. I graduated from high school in 1991. All the pictures with the big red glasses, the football games, my old Dairy Queen paychecks, New Kids on the Block pictures (yep,I went to the concert). I even had in there where I would be 5 and 10 years from now, how my life would basically be. I was going to Valdosta State. I was going to be a lawyer and write a book... not necessarily in that order. Making 100,000 a year at least. I would not be married because that was NOT for me so definitely no kids. Those were the days... I had alot of plans.....


Proverbs 16: 1-4 (The Message) - "Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has the last word. Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good; God probes for what is good. Put God in charge of your work, then what you've planned will take place."

And God had other plans.....There comes a point when we have to trust that God knows better than we do. We think that our motives are really for the best, but God sees and knows whats really inside of us and He knows that everything that "looks" good ain't always good.
God's plan for us I don't think ever stops, I just think we get side tracked from it sometimes with our own desires.But we need to always remember that He has a plan, and He works every circumstance of our life so that it is consistent with His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment