Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I am really good at giving advice. I mean, I have been through alot of stuff and I feel I am well qualified to help someone out and I do it quite often. I am not trying to be overpowering or pushy, but I honestly try to help if I can. Now, when it comes to me getting advice from other people.. well, it's not exactly the same. It's almost like, there is not much you can tell me that I don't already know. I appreciate the fact that you want to take the time to try to help me, thanks but no thanks. That's how my mind works.. not right, but it does.

I was in college for a few years. I took speech and language classes but never one on listening. I think for me, listening is a skill that I lack and the really sad part is that we pay people alot of money to actually listen to us. We choose to listen to gossip, things that are not worth talking about that we see on TV and complaining.... things that are not important. But what is important is that God has alot of things He wants to reveal to us and we miss it because we are always talking!!

James 1: 19-20 - My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

There is no doubt in my mind that God speaks to us, but whether we will decide to take the time to stop and and hear His voice. Let's make today we strive to do less talking and more listening. Give God and others a chance to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment