Monday, August 1, 2011

Today was the first day of school for our school system. I was all pumped up, so ready for them to go back because I cannot tell you how much my food and utility bills go up during the summer, among other things. Plus I can get back to some form of routine.

So this morning I got up early and cooked breakfast and decided to take all three of the kids to school this morning. (They are for the first time in three different schools). First Khaaliq. He's in the 4th grade but still wanted momma to walk him in. So of course I did, and he was a big boy about. Brianna who is in the 11th grade this year, does not need me to walk in and directed me to drop her off at the side door cause she has some kind of "swagg" she needs to show off. Whatever.

Then there is Christian. He is in the 6th grade this year. Middle School and well, I think I was more emotional then he was. He wanted me to go in with him, but then he didn't. So I went in anyway, and walked down the hall with him. I felt the lump forming but I held it in. We got to the class and he just slid in and disappeared. I stood there a minute, not really sure if he was gonna come back out and say hi, or bye or anything. But nothing. So I slinked back down the hall. I saw a teacher there that I actually had when I went there in Middle School and she gave me a hug and just said " I know I know, its gonna be okay" and she just kinda laughed at me. I walked out of the school and came to work.

I Chronicles 28:20 - "David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished."

Christian is growing up and letting go, as much as I talk about wanting my house all to myself one day, is not always easy to do. I want to protect them from all the things I know that go on in middle school since I have had one that has been through it. I want to sit with him and make sure he makes the right decisions. But like David told his son Solomon, don't worry about it, be strong cause God is right there with you, He's right there with Christian too and all I can do is pray that all the teachings he has learned thus far, stick with him throughout his middle school (and beyond) years. I don't have to worry or cry (although I did a LITTLE), cause as long as he's got God on his side, he is going to be OK.

But just FYI---- I am secretly waiting until 3:15 when he calls me to tell me how it goes!! : )

I pray you all had a great weekend! and until next time, Lord willing, we will talk again. Until then, "be blessed and be a blessing"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment