Thursday, August 4, 2011

JOY last! (Jesus, Others, Yourself last)

So I read this article on Yahoo Sports this morning:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Steelers-coach-sells-Mercedes-to-team-cafeteria-?urn=nfl-wp4503

My first thought was , WOW what a nice guy to give this man his car like that. But then as I looked over the article again, I read that the coach asked the guy could he borrow whatever money he had in his packet and the guy reached in and handed him a 20. Now, I am not in Mr. Horton's checkbook, but as a coach for a national league football team, driving a Mercedes, I would imagine money is not an issue for him. I would also assume, that the two men led very different lifestyles, but again, I do not know this for sure. But what I do know and read was that Mr. Matthews didn't even think twice about giving this guy whatever money he had on him. And I thought, WOW, to have that kind of giving heart.

He was getting ready to bless someone and turns out, he got blessed as well. I know all stories won't and don't turn out like this one, but I can definitely see Christ in Mr Matthews actions!

I pray you all have a wonderful and blessed weekend. Today is my Friday and I am off tomorrow, thank you Lord!

Please don't forget Mrs. Heath. Mrs Daniels, Brianna, and me in your prayers. Also add my friend Darlene. Her family is about to go through a "shift" I guess you could say thanks to (once again, sighhh) our economy and she could just use some positive prayers.

Love you all bunches and until next time, Lord willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment