Monday, August 29, 2011

iPod Touch

Khaaliq turns 10 on September 5th. My baby is no longer a baby, he's growing up. But along with the growing up comes bigger "wish lists" for birthdays and other holidays. This one is no different.

The boys spent the weekend with their dad but he brought them back this morning to get ready for school. I laid their clothes out and hopped in the shower myself. When I got out, I found the attached two letters on my bed....

Now I get this all the time from them. The boys anyway. They never come out and ASK me for anything, I just get notes strategically placed around the house. I laughed and finished getting dressed. Khaaliq will be 10 and I love his dimpled cheeks to pieces but he is too young (in my house anyway) for an iPod touch. One, it's an expensive gift and he's not the best with taking care of his things and two, his sister got hers when she was 13 so I kinda like to keep them on the same track with stuff like that. So I will come up with another gift for my baby, something I know he will love, but have to deal the look of disappointment which really breaks my heart.

Matthew 7:7 says " Ask, and it shall be given unto you...", but we all know as adults, that sometimes when we ask God for things, we don't always get what we want. God knows what's best for us even though we seem to think we have all the answers for our lives. Sometimes we ask and it may take minutes, hours, days or even years to get an answer. That's the patience thing I always have a hard time with. But even with that, I feel like God is prepping us for something that is so wonderful, that what we asked for will seem like nothing. And sometimes, well, it's just not meant to be, period. And those are the times that make us sit back and wonder if God really is even listening to us, because after all, He DOES want us happy right?

I've been praying and thinking about some things lately and I haven't gotten my answer yet.. well at least I don't think I have (still trying to figure that one out too), but I know that one way or the other, God will show me the way. He always does.... and on the 5th, when Khaaliq wakes up for his birthday and the iPod is not there...well, lets hope that he understands that good things come to those that wait.

I pray you all had a wonderful weekend. I actually got nothing done that I planned and that bummed me out, but I'm okay now. Just have more to do next weekend is all!

Please keep in your prayers Mrs. Heath (Charlene), Mrs Daniels (Shauwan), who did get to go home and be at her granddaughter's 1st birthday party, Mr. Aycock (Angie's dad), Valerie, Darlene and Angie as they are looking for jobs, Quanda and her new baby boy, Brianna and Morgan (Valerie's daughter) because high school and being a teenager are not as easy as it was when we were growing up, and everyone who was effected by the storms this past weekend.

Even if we don't get everything we want, we have more than we need...we are a blessed people. Act like it!!

Until next time, Lord willing....

No comments:

Post a Comment